[Heeplist] USA Date Confirmed

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 07:45:42 EDT 2014

Neither are popular in the States so you can't say the phrase "more popular"
in this case.  This is a useless argument.
Heep may have been more popular in their heydey as I did not hear anyone
playing Wishbone Ash while I was in college in the late 70's

On 7/29/14 5:49 AM, "Igor Shveitser" <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:

>  Terje,
I beg you pardon, but you are really wrong here - WishbonE (not
>  Wishbona :)))) Ash are at least of the same quality and in terms of
> popularity I won't be much surprised if they are (were) bigger in the States
> than our Heep. You are not obliged to love them, but I strongly advise you
> reconsider their musical level for it is (in my eyes, at least) a more
> sophisticated, less straight forward type of band than Uriah Heep  although
> overall I'd put 'em on the same level. Have almost all of their classic LPs -
> 1970-79. It is classic English rock, you hardly can go wrong with that period
> n time and country. Modern Ash... have much in common with Heep also: the only
> remaining classic member, hard working, predictable but high quality music.
> And if not for WA with their trademark twin harmonical leads, we'd never have
> known of Iron Maiden, perhaps. Steve Harris ain't no fool in music, that is
> for sure. :)))))))))
Cheers, Igor

Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:23:49 +0200 от Terje
> Pedersen <terjped at hotmail.com>:
>I do not understand how Wishbona Ash can be
> equally popular to Heep, they are not close to Heep`s quality and never was.
> :-P
>Also it annoys me to see web sites not being able to even spell Uriah
> Heep correctly.  Uriah Heap....Huriah Heep.  Are they all half blind?
>Its
> like hearing my dad when I was young...he used to come marching into my room
> when I was playing Heep on full pedal..are you listening to this terrible Uria
> Hep again now he used to say lol
>
>Terje
>
>-----Original
> Message-----