[Heeplist] Davey's bass

uriahheep at comcast.net uriahheep at comcast.net
Fri Jun 6 19:47:24 EDT 2014

I was talking to Ed by phone earlier and he asked me about the bass playing on the new cd. After we hung up I jumped in the car and track 8 "Can't take that Away" came on the cd I burned. A few seconds in after a killer guitar riff by Mick, a bass solo by Davey. Sure it was brief, but he thumps on that song. Then on Jess (track 9), his bass is unbelievably dominant. I told Ed he sounds like a cross between Geezer Butler and Roger Glover. A really nice faster paced punchy bass that matches up well with Russel's playing.
Trevor will always hold a special place in my heart and so will Lee. But now it is Davey and Russell.