[Heeplist] Fwd: Re[2]: Outsider, eh? Well, definitely not!!!

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Sat Jun 7 17:24:13 EDT 2014

-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
От кого: Igor Shveitser <zlenko_iv at mail.ru>
Кому: Jay Pearson <deepheep at yahoo.com>
Дата: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 01:23:52 +0400
Тема: Re[2]: [Heeplist] Outsider, eh? Well, definitely not!!!

Jay,
It's only right to say kind words when they are deserved. I think, since 1995 every album made by Mr. Box & Co. is decent, I have all of them in my collection (and even the ones I rate lower, too). This time I was really amazed because it is clearly a step forward which is really rare (if not impossible) for most classic rock acts these days. Very good and optimistic indeed!
Cheers, Igor

 <zlenko_iv at mail.ru>
>Hello everybody and... congratulations!
>According to a tradition, I buy albums online, and since I can't get a hold of lp or cd right away upon release, I download it. To be honest, my expectations were rather 'umble, but this line-up's last (and first) offering made me feel ashamed a bit. This band is way better in studio than I expected! Yes, some tracks are in the vein of previous albums (of 2000-s, of course), but overall they made a major step forward. Hard to believe but true. First of all, Davey Rimmer - he is the man for the job. Even with great Trevor later albums missed some bass component, especially clarity, "readability" of the lines - this guy does right what the doctor ordered for Heep and even beyond my
 expectations. Secondly, Phil surpassed himself both as a player and as a composer, now I know what he meant saying they'll go for some progressive music doing the new studio work. So does the band leader, Mr.Box - his riffs and solos are really great and - more important - they mostly have a very fresh feeling about them. I always loved his guitar aggression especially when it is combined with melodic approach - the title track is a briliand example what this band is about: rhythmically complicated parts combined with sheer energy and drive. I think, the song, Outsider, could be a better opener than the Speed Of Sound - but that is really as far as I will go critically this time. Great work done gentlemen, your album is definitely not an outsider in the world of modern rock. And in the Heep's vast catalogue as well. I enjoyed it enormously and now am waiting for the proper listening (and touching) source of listening to this great music.
>Cheers,
 Igor