[Heeplist] New Boston cd out today

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Fri Dec 13 16:23:21 EST 2013

You misunderstood my point, I was talking about the 70's bands lasting into
the 80's in rebuttal to what Jay said about Heep sounding like a "dime a
dozen band" (in the 80s)  I was not trying to site the history of every
band, just that there were a few like UFO and Rainbow in the 80's.  So you
could add Black Sabbath and Nazereth, but I do not think in my opinion their
work is as good as Heep's output. (however I am sure you will argue that and
tell me my opinion is wrong lol)

On 12/13/13 3:33 PM, "Igor Shveitser" <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:

>  Black Sabbath did. 1969 - 1995, I'd say. And their material overall (before
> they collapsed in mid 90-s) is more critically acclaimed than Heep's. Nazareth
> is another name, Bob. As for Rainbow - they were not a band in a Heep or
> Purple sense of the word. And they lasted only from 1975 until 1984 - when
> Ritchie called it a day in favour of reuniting with Purple and doing
> PS.
P.S.
I also think that 1970-76 Heep is an OUTSTANDING band.
> :)))))))))))))

Среда, 11 декабря 2013, 7:48 -05:00 от Bob Winward
> <uriahheep at comcast.net>:
>The greatest band of all time in my opinion is the
> Byron era of Heep, even
>with a few drummer and bass changes.  High and Mighty
> was their ultimate lp
>in my opinion.  Their sound progressed and it all came
> together for them on
>that record.  And how many bands have work like
> Salisbury, Live 73, Demons &
>Wizards, Magician's Birthday etc. on their
> resumes?
>
>Maybe they did decline a bit in the early 80's without Ken and
> David or John
>L, but they did consistently tour and put out new music.  I
> cannot think of
>many bands from the 70's that stood out and continued in the
> 80's that were
>peers of Heep.  Maybe a couple of late 70's band like UFO,
> Rainbow?  Anyhow,
>Heep hung in there and reinvented themselves in 1986 and
> have been touring
>and releasing music since.  44 years they are coming up on,
> and while I
>would never argue that today's Heep is as good or magical as
> Byron era Heep,
>they are a fresh sounding, vibrant active band. They continue
> to release new
>material and make fans happy.
>
>DIME A DOZEN BANDS DO NOT
> LAST 44 YEARS
>

>On 12/9/13 11:25 PM, "Jay Pearson" < deepheep at yahoo.com >
> wrote:
>
>> Bands like Heep in the early 80s were a dime a
> dozen.

>Heeplist
> mailing
> list