[Heeplist] New Boston cd out today

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Fri Dec 13 15:33:15 EST 2013

 Black Sabbath did. 1969 - 1995, I'd say. And their material overall (before they collapsed in mid 90-s) is more critically acclaimed than Heep's. Nazareth is another name, Bob. As for Rainbow - they were not a band in a Heep or Purple sense of the word. And they lasted only from 1975 until 1984 - when Ritchie called it a day in favour of reuniting with Purple and doing PS.
P.S.
I also think that 1970-76 Heep is an OUTSTANDING band. :)))))))))))))

Среда, 11 декабря 2013, 7:48 -05:00 от Bob Winward <uriahheep at comcast.net>:
>The greatest band of all time in my opinion is the Byron era of Heep, even
>with a few drummer and bass changes.  High and Mighty was their ultimate lp
>in my opinion.  Their sound progressed and it all came together for them on
>that record.  And how many bands have work like Salisbury, Live 73, Demons &
>Wizards, Magician's Birthday etc. on their resumes?
>
>Maybe they did decline a bit in the early 80's without Ken and David or John
>L, but they did consistently tour and put out new music.  I cannot think of
>many bands from the 70's that stood out and continued in the 80's that were
>peers of Heep.  Maybe a couple of late 70's band like UFO, Rainbow?  Anyhow,
>Heep hung in there and reinvented themselves in 1986 and have been touring
>and releasing music since.  44 years they are coming up on, and while I
>would never argue that today's Heep is as good or magical as Byron era Heep,
>they are a fresh sounding, vibrant active band. They continue to release new
>material and make fans happy.
>
>DIME A DOZEN BANDS DO NOT LAST 44 YEARS
>

>On 12/9/13 11:25 PM, "Jay Pearson" < deepheep at yahoo.com > wrote:
>
>> Bands like Heep in the early 80s were a dime a dozen.

Igor Shveytser