[Heeplist] Fwd: Re[2]: Ken Hensley

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Tue Aug 27 11:49:59 EDT 2013

-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
От кого: Igor Shveitser <zlenko_iv at mail.ru>
Кому: Bob Winward <uriahheep at comcast.net>
Дата: Вторник, 27 августа 2013, 19:42 +04:00
Тема: Re[2]: [Heeplist] Ken Hensley

Bob,
I wasn't there, there was less possibility of me coming there than for you, for instance, coming to Russia when Mick or Ken plays here - and it happens quite often, I must say :))))) Perhaps, your version could pass for those who are not that familiar with Heep material and their complicated relationships, but not for me. I think, both albums with Wetton mean much much more to the band's legacy than anything made later. Especially after Ken left. Having said that, I do not mean you tell lies - it's just an opinion that omits Ken's input as a vocalist and bandleader (which in fact he was once). Paradise/The Spell sung by Lee instead of Ken was a joke. He was much more than just a Hammond and slide guitar player, and I hope you know that.  As for Dave Sherod' story of drunken JW and Ken's voice having been spent by the time in question: please, do me a favor,Dave, watch More Than Conquerors - the truth must be known...  It was up to the band to decide in which shape to appear (and I think their image, not Ken's or John's) suffered the most from that choice of theirs) - but I hope it wasn't them who told all those horrible lies.
Cheers, Igor

--
Igor Shveytser