[Heeplist] Ken on TMB

DAVID M SHERROD porcupineheep at cox.net
Mon Aug 26 22:31:37 EDT 2013

Ken played with Heep at TMB not sure of the year, but also played a show that weekend with John Wetton as mentioned before. There has been a lot said about him there. By most accounts Ken voice was very bad at his and Johns concert, and John was also very drunk, really hitting bottom, since then he has really got it together. At the time I heard Kens voice was shot which was why he didn't sing, but we heard here that it was planned before hand that Lee would take the vocals. I'm at a loss as to what really went down, but Ken really jump started his return to music that year, and the year before, when Heep couldn't make Heepvention in London Ken stepped in and played with John later releasing the show they did, and the TMB put him back in the spotlight for his return to music. In fact it started a bit of a Ken vs Heep on the net. So it was an interesting couple years, and I think a of people that really looked up to Ken felt a bit let down by the way he presented himself. Which really put a light on the difference in Heep, John Lawton and Ken, simply put Ken has always seen himself as a rock star, while the other guys are just people. Myself I  have no problem with it, and it's just the way that it is. After all it is just rock n Roll.
Dave