[Heeplist] Black Moon

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Mon Sep 23 10:10:13 EDT 2019

Wish I would have known that, as I would have bought the CD, I only have the
download from Amazon.  Everyone has different tastes.  I used to listen
casually to LF because of the John Lawton connection, plus meeting him at
HV's in the past, such a great guy.  But then Black moon blew me away so
unexpectedly, I am now checking out back LF catalog with renewed interest.
I love the vocals, the guitar work, outstanding bass and the sound effects
on Black Moon.  I am still amazed!  Is it as good or better than LTD, not
sure yet.

On 9/17/19, 7:46 AM, "heepdriven at twc.com" <heepdriven at twc.com> wrote:

> The only Heep related item that I threw in the trash without
> finishing
listening to.

Sent: Sunday
> September 15 2019 6:58:30AM
Subject: Re: [Heeplist] Black Moon

What really
> amazes me, it is like a return to the 70's sound for them,
and
 very unique,
> metal with horns and keyboards! The bass player is
phenomenal,
 I never heard
> it like this on the other records, the guitarist is
great in
 his own right.
> We have always agreed John is a dynamic, powerful
vocalist
 even though some
> may not have felt he was right for Heep, he is till
 force.

 Come to think
> of it, this recording reminds me of Fallen Angel one of
 Heep's best yet
> under-rated lps. Especially the song with the brass
horns
 Save IT!

 I solved
> the problem in the car of one cd slot. I play Phil on CD
(love
 every song on
> it) and Black Moon, I stream from the phone.

 PS I did get last month the new
> Hensley Live Fire in Russia CD. 9 of
10
 songs are Classic heep songs. Its ok,
> but both of the abovementioned
blow
 it away.
 What does everyone else think

 On 9/13/19, 6:38 AM, "Bob Winward"  wrote:

 > Don¹t have
> a lot of time this morning I just wanted to say how
outstanding and
 > how
> utterly amazed I am, how great this album is. I have too Late
to hate and

> there was a live recording but this one really stands out. The band
is

> phenomenal!!! I am not saying it because John used to be a UH
vocalist. I

> was not expecting when I did the download to be blown away like
this. With

> Phil¹s new album and Living the Dream I have a triple treat!!

 Bob Winward

 Heeplist at travellersintime.com

> http://www.travellersintime.com [1]

 Official Uriah Heep
 > Website

> http://www.uriah-heep.com [2]

 Bob "All 50 Years of Heep is Good Heep"
 uriahheep at comcast.net

 http://www.travellersintime.com [3]

 Official
> Uriah Heep Website
 http://www.uriah-heep.com [4]

Links:
------
[1]
> http://travellersintime.com/mailman/listinf
http://travellersintime.com/mailma
> n/listinf
 /> > o/heeplist_travellersintime.com

 Travellers in Time

> Website
[2]
> http://www.uriah-heep.com
[3]
http://travellersintime.com/mailman/listinfo/hee
http://travellersintime.com/mailman/listinfo/heepli
> st_travellersintime.com
 />
 Travellers in Time Website
> href=
[4]

Hee
Heeplist at travellersintime.com
http://travellersintime.com/mailman/listinf
> o/heeplist_travellersintime.com

Travellers in Time
> Website
http://www.travellersintime.com

Official Uriah Heep
> Website
http://www.uriah-heep.com

Bob "All 50 Years of Heep is Good Heep" Winward
uriahheep at comcast.net