[Heeplist] My review of Kent Heep show number 3

evens78 at chartermi.net evens78 at chartermi.net
Mon May 13 16:45:05 EDT 2019

Kathy and I met up with my daughter Beth and her boyfriend Doug on
Friday in Streetsboro, OH. We came down from Michigan and they came up
from North Carolina. On Saturday we visited the Rock n Roll hall of
fame in Cleveland, very cool place with lots of cool stuff. I
definitely had mixed feelings while there, seeing "non" rock inductees
or at least, way less worthy, in my opinion then many of the bands
I've liked over the years. There were of course some excellent
choices, I liked the Beatles and Rolling Stones section. Just couldn't
not think about why isn't Heep here?? I was glad to have been there.
Heep had a tour of the place on Friday!
We arrived at Kent Stage after the back-up, ProgNation had played one
song, seemed they started before 8pm, which was the start time. They
are from Cleveland and were very good, songs like 21st Century Schzoid
Man, Roundabout, Seen All Good People, etc. Talked to Lannis and
Bobbie between sets, great to get to see them again!! I introduced
Beth and Doug to them.
We went back to our seats, second row and right in front of Mick!
Setlist was as follows:1. Grazed By Heaven2. Too Scared to Run3.
Living the Dream4. Take Away My Soul5. Knockin At My Door6. Stealin'7.
Rainbow Demon8. Waters Flowing9. The Wizard10. Rocks In the Road11.
Between Two Worlds12. Gypsy13. Look At Yourself14. July
MorningEncore:15. Sunrise16 Easy Livin'
Great set, and they were on fire! This is the best show I've seen
(first for me was 2001 and all their shows have been great, I just
thought they played better than usual) of the 8 (2001 Deerfield, OH,
2002 - 2 shows electric and acoustic in Trenton, 2010 in Chicago, 2011
in Chicago, 2015 in Akron, 2018 in Angola and 2019 in Kent) I loved
all the new songs, and there was extra jamming during the Mick and
Phil parts, versus the album. Sound was very good even in 2nd row.
Audience was energetic and enjoyed all songs, new and old. I like
Living the Dream album, but now after seeing 6 songs live from it, I
like it even better! The band does excellent on the new songs, in my
opinion. I was really glad they added The Wizard and Stealin to the
set, as this was my daughter's first Heep concert.
All four of us had a great time and Beth and Doug really liked the
show. Beth got two picks from Mick, from the stage and she even was
able to get a setlist from the crew. Afterwards we had nice visits
with Lannis and Bobbie, and Ed. The band came out to the bar, first
Davey and Phil, then Russell and Mick and a little later Bernie. I got
to talk quite a while with all but Bernie. Beth got pics taken with
each one of them, plus she got a tour shirt and the setlist she gave
to me all signed by each. Just like any other time I've got to talk
with Heep, all are very open and friendly, just amazing people.
Excellent time had by all of us and now there are two new Heep fans!!!
To top it off it was both Beth and Doug's birthdays!
Stan

Sent: Sunday May 12 2019 1:12:51PM
Subject: Re: [Heeplist] Kent reports

 I’ll be glad to report later, as it was very awesome, the best ever
in my opinion, but now I have to make the drive home. Grazed was the
original version without the organ prelude. Great to see Lannis and
Bobbie and got to meet Ed from Pittsburgh.

 More later!!

 Thanks
 Stan

 > On May 12, 2019, at 12:42 PM, Bob Winward  wrote:
 >
 > Reports on the three Kent shows?set list, was any difference in the
3 nights?
 > Do thy open with church sounding organ on Grazed? (12th time I have
asked this). I love that bonus version so much more than the track one
version. Yet with Takeaway my Soul I like the CD track three version
better than the alternative! I am getting excited for the 20th now I
can’t wait to see that dynamic crashing crushing powerful ending on
take away my soul, The really cool rocks in the road, And whatever new
songs they play

 > Bob Winward
 > All Heep is Good Heep!

 > http://www.uriah-heep.com [2]