[Heeplist] Grassroots

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Tue Jun 19 18:05:33 EDT 2018

As I have previously stated, I was not trying to pick on the Grass Roots,
they were one of my favorite bands as a kid.  My original post was to praise
heep for staying fresh and innovative with new music.  So it is not 5 fat
old guys playing oldies.  Or 5 guys in their 20's born in the 90's playing
70's music.

However, I shudder to think what will be if Mick retires??

Lastly, tribute bands are not necessarily a bad thing.  Look at David Byron,
how many volumes we have now (5 or 6) of him singing the hits of the day,
that was tribute music.  With the cost of concerts today, maybe seeing a
good tribute band isn't a bad thing.  I have seen a couple local, Open Arms
(Journey)  Almost Queen, who are actually quite entertaining and  a lot
cheaper than seeing real Queen or Journey.

Bob "Old and Bald, but not too fat yet"  Winward