[Heeplist] Orlando set list

Andre Sokolnikov asokolni2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 17:39:59 EST 2018

Hi Brenda and Don,

I am going to Angola, IN on March 4. Orlando is certainly a more populous place.

Thank you for the information.

Andre

 Hi Andre:
 We
 heard there were 700+ in attendance at the Orlando House of
 Blues venue.=
 The main floor was packed, not
 sure about the 2nd level. When we googled t=
 he Orlando House of Blues website for seating
 capacity, they report 2500 fo=
 r the full
 venue. Not sure whether the numbers that we are reporting
 are co=
 rrect. Maybe other Heepsters might
 know?
 Brenda and Don

     On Saturday, February 17, 2018 11:35 PM,
 Dale Fredericks <dalhel at sbcglobal.net>
 wrote:

 Yeah Bob………we DID do a pretty good job of helping to
 organize that “one-of-a-kind” Heepvention. Our wish,
 from the first full-scale HV in St. Louis, was to have Heep
 actually show up at one of them. Trenton was a dream come
 true and it will always be one of my fondest memories of the
 many HV’s we had in the States !!!!
 Uriah
 Heep and our fellow Heepsters all together finally !  Thank
 you Bob Carruthers !!!!

 Dale :-)>

 <uriahheep at comcast.net>
 wrote:

 > Staf, so
 good to hear from you. I never heard before that you lost
 money. I remember in 2002 soon as I found out he was coming
 to Trenton New Jersey for a whole weekend I got together
 with Dale Frederick’s and his wife from the list.  We
 strategized on how to put  Heepvention  on Friday night.
 He collected the money online and I got reimbursed for all
 the food and liquor that we bought on our end locally. Also
 the rent for the venue for that Friday night that we met. We
 must’ve guessed right pretty amount that we charged for
 the party.  Whatever people did pay it turned out to be a
 bargain as the band actually came to the event and hung out
 with everybody.  Everyone who attended that Friday night
 was tickled pink that the band was there and I think the
 secret is to plan one of these events when Heep is in town.
 I know  the musicians were so pleased to be able to play
 Heep songs with Mick and the boys in attendance in the
 audience. The most exciting night of my life.

 > I will admit I was
 very persistent for weeks inviting Mick and emailing Robert
 Carruthers.

 Bob Winward

 On Feb 16, 2018, at 5:22 PM, <staf.p at skynet.be>
 <staf.p at skynet.be>
 wrote:

 >> Hi
 everyone, i know, been a long time, but i read every single
 post. Been lurking a long time.

 Anyway, i am very happy to see my American family enjoying
 the Heepconcerts, which is just fantastic.
 >> Me and frieda are already getting
 ready for August, when Heep will play yet another time at
 the Vostertfeesten, in a small village in Belgium. A good
 number of Dutch Heepsters and Belgians, will be there, i am
 openly hoping that there will be English and German friends
 too, it would be one hell of a get together.

 >> Meanwhile, i
 am still licking my wounds from the Heepvention, back in
 2015. It was a fantastic weekend, but it cost me a lot of
 money. Yet, we look at it as if we have thrown a big party
 for our worldwide friends, which in a way, is correct. But i
 will certainly never do it again, as there were almost no
 Belgian Heepsters, i regret that the most.

 >> So, onwards
 to the future with hopefully many get togethers and
 Heep-shows.

 >> Enough lurking, i will show up a bit
 more from now on ;-)

 >> Cheers

 Staf

 -----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: Bob
 >> Sent: Friday, February 16, 2018 11:09
 PM
 >> To: Heepsters Mailing List
 (Travellers in Time)
 >> Subject: Re:
 [Heeplist] Orlando set list

 16, 2018, at 4:39 PM, Dave Cackowski <davrox2010 at hotmail.com>
 wrote:

 >>> Curious with such a short setlist,
 what was the length of the show?90 min or less? Thanx.

 >>> Sent
 from my iPad

 Malecic <docofun at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> [...]
 curious to hear what the guys in the business
 forum.

 stereo live sound mixing.

 Stereo can work very well in small rooms.
 venues.

 ultimately stick with mono.

 tried judicious panning..some guy from the right
 come tell me to turn up the guitar..that I had

 those sitting exactly in the middle..

 9:47 PM Bob Winward <uriahheep at comcast.net>
 wrote:

> [...]
 something because the last few times I’ve seen them
 noticed the vocals are more intelligible in the
 from the front by the stage

 9:16 PM, Heepfan1 <ehallib at earthlink.net>
 wrote:

> [...]
 and I may add some more comments later but I have
 today and am not prepared to write for very long.
 things for now.

 Bernie mentioned that he thought the crowd was
 such a large crowd for the middle of the week -
 numbers that were there.  The boys played up to the
 the crowd projected..they really worked out.  I
 maybe no one else did about the sound.  Maybe others
 me, it sounded as if the mixer (soundboard)was set
 which I have never experienced by a rock group.
 in mono so that everyone hears the same mix no
 arranged.  I distinctly could hear Dave much louder
 upper level, stage left where Dave was situated.
 induced flashback ;-) or did anyone else notice this?

 everyone there:  Lannis, Bobbie, Bob, Norma,
 groupies (sorry, sisters) and a newbie lady from all
 never seen Heep live before and was ecstatic to

 Message-----