[Heeplist] Phil Lanzon CD

Tapio Minkkinen tapio at heepfiles.net
Fri Sep 22 06:52:43 EDT 2017

I've now listened to the new album through a couple of times and it's
enjoyable. Skilful musician's, good melodies and excellent vocalists.
Some songs are a lof different in musical style when compared to Heep
but that's natural and they way it should be. What's the point in one
band member to make a solo album if it sound the same as the main band?
On the other hand some songs I could imagine being on a Heep album with
a bit different arrangement.

My favourite song so far is the last track The Forest which is a real
epic, nearly 9 minutes long and with several different parts. On this
song as well as on many others the female backing vocalists sound great.
Phil's vocals are great also, I would have wanted to hear his vocals
more than just on two songs.

The music in general is not always the kind of style that would get me
excited but the songs are strong and there's not one that I could say I
don't like.

---
TapioM.
tapio at heepfiles.net