[Heeplist] Only 1 original member?

Ian Stevens ian.stevens at talk21.com
Fri Mar 25 07:37:13 EDT 2016

Thanks Bob

I am UK based. I live in Suffolk which is on the east coast 60 miles east of London. Isn't New Jersey Springsteen country? I guess my first Heep encounter must have been about the same time as you, around about when mAgicians birthday came out anyway.

As I was riding my bike this morning I was thinking about the recent posts around early line ups and personnel changes and I remembered a rather sad reference to David Byron in an autobiography by Bob Harris (long established UK DJ and presenter of the old grey whistle test for years on UK TV) in which he went to Byrons house to interview him and how impressive the place looked as he drove in but then he realised that the Rolls Royce was streaked in rust and the house was in ill repair and it seems DB wasn't much better. All this took place sometime after he was fired and before his health deteriorated but it seems he cut a very sad figure. Lots of hard knocks in the music business.

Sent from my iPad