[Heeplist] Heeplist Digest, Vol 147, Issue 35 Hensley: A Pain in the Arse?

Chris Aug chrisaug at charter.net
Sun Mar 20 20:08:23 EDT 2016

Dave-

I am curious which interview you are referring to...

I just recently discovered the Heep and am enjoying the heck out of
listening to their vast discography.  I also just watched a couple of very
good DVD biographies.  I learned that Ken and producer Gerry Bron were very
close and the two of them were responsible for much of the dissention in the
band.  In the interviews (done around 1998 I believe) Hensley seemed fairly
respectful of the band and most of the members.  He did come across a bit
egotistical (almost like he was/is Uriah Heep), but compared to Bron, he
seemed very tame.  Bron was ridiculous (I could barely watch his scenes
without wanting to smack him).  According to him, everything done by anyone
other than Ken, or after their first 4-5 albums was garbage.

On another note, I am surprised I never hear/read anyone (Hensley included)
mention of H&M opening track "One Way Or Another".  I think that is such a
high energy, great rocking song and I think it's too bad John Wetton didn't
do more songs like that (he's always been way to heavy on the ballad side).
I also wish the rest of the album had more songs like it (too bad it does
not).

-Chris in CT
_

Thanks Dave - I second your motion

Sent from my Xperia? smartphone

Dave Wilkes Booth <dwbrocks at yahoo.com> wrote:

>It is confusing to me the way Hensley operates. In the interview he
denounces the high and mighty album. From my understanding it was he who was
responsible for Byron's departure. Hensley also quit the band, but plays
Heep in all of his solo endeavors. I have read and heard he is a notorious
pain in the arse, perhaps insane from the hepatitis? I cannot appreciate his
genius knowing of his tantric behavior, and to read he has forgotten his
solo on wonderworld? Phil Lanzon plays it very well, therefore I am glad
Heep have evolved into what they are today. IMHO Hensley was bad for the
band and his classic contributions tarnished by his words and actions.

>Dave Wilkes Booth.  ? ;p>
>wilkesbooth.com
>killerinstinctband.com
>com

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 20:19:34 +0000
From: Terje Pedersen <terjped at hotmail.com>
	<heeplist at travellersintime.com>
Subject: Re: [Heeplist] Vanilla Fudge
<AM4PR05MB15059EE731C6191B9BDEEB39B78C0 at AM4PR05MB1505.eurprd05.prod.outlook.
com>

I see Robin George who played in the David Byron band is also coming to
Sweden Rock this year, thats cool. :) Too bad Heep isn?t playing there this
year though

Terje