[Heeplist] Well Done Uriah Heep on a fantastic 2015 US Tour!

Dale Fredericks dalhel at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 16 00:23:38 EDT 2015

If I may be so bold as to not only agree with Scott, Kevin and Dave………..let me add that I had the unexpected pleasure of seeing the last show, of the tour, last night in L.A.
Not only are Uriah Heep the most dedicated band as far as music and their fans, but the nicest and most sincere gentlemen in person. Not only did they spend more than 1-1/2 hours greeting fans and having pictures taken with the fans, but not ONE complaint or hesitation in doing so. I so wanted to meet Dave Rimmer,and last night it happened. He was gracious and very appreciative of my welcoming him to the crazy world of Uriah Heep and their worldwide fans. I told him to fasten his seatbelt and be prepared for the most enjoyable time of his life and he agreed 100 % !!

My thanks go out to my true friends Greg and Sheri Terhorst for including me in their plans for attending last night’s show at the Saban Theater in Beverly Hills. I was quite happy with seeing Heep at the Coachouse on Thursday with Dave Sherrod and figured I would get up on Saturday morning and return to Sacramento having been completely satisfied with Thursday’s show. But as a result of some good fortune and timing I was able to see Heep again and actually meet them this time, whereas not being able to meet them at the Coachouse. I am sorry that my good buddy Dave Sherrod missed out on meeting Heep this time around……..don’t worry Dave, I will post some pictures on FB for you to see. I really have nothing new to add to any of the previous reviews by other Heepsters, except that as an opening band at the L.A. show, they had to shorten their set-list by about 3 songs: Lady In Black, What Kind Of God and Can’t Take That Away. So what they did was use that extra time they gained from the deleted songs and gave Mick twice the time for his outrageous solo on Magician’s Birthday and a little bit longer version of Gypsy !!! I see nothing wrong with that trade-off….do you ??
So while Blue Oyster Cult was on stage doing the same old songs they have grinded out year after year, we were meeting and talking with our true heroes of rock, URIAH HEEP in the theater lobby !!!

May the band continue successfully with their upcoming shows in Australia and keep tearing the walls down in every venue they play. Thank you guys for giving me the best three days I have had in quite awhile…….including music, and most importantly, friendship !!!!!

P.S.  I missed you Don !!!!

Dale :-)>