[Heeplist] Ken Hensley Facebook page

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Fri Mar 13 07:26:16 EDT 2015

I agree with what you are saying.  You may not always tell us what we want
to hear, but you are on the money!

I am a salesman as my profession, yet I also have a business and know what
it feels like to be approached by salesman as well.

I was not invited backstage at BB Kings 2 weeks ago, I asked, but they did
say yes.  The only one I did not see was Bernie.  Of all the band members,
he seems to like his privacy the most.  I tried to approach him in the
parking lot in June 2001 at the hotel where they were staying.  He said "not
now mate".  Yet 6 months later at TMBP2001 in London, I was in the hotel
hallway minding my own business and he came up behind me and shouted right
in my ear "So who was the world's greatest heep fan?"  He was referring to a
contest that was held that afternoon at the Heepfestival (a Heepvention
hosted by Heep management of the time)  Sadly, I told Bernie, it was not me,
it was Louis Rentrop from Holland for his air guitar work to the song
Stealin'
If I remember correctly, Tapio fared the best in the legit contest of trivia
questions.

On 3/13/15 5:45 AM, "Terje Pedersen" <terjped at hotmail.com> wrote:

> This symphony concert sounds interesting.. does he mention any other dates
> than the one in St.Petersburg?

Also I never really understood this urge fans
> has to talk to their hero`s... mostly after a show or when you bump into
> someone they often need to be left alone. Musicians need privacy just like the
> rest of us, I get really aggravated when sales ppl etc knocks on my door and
> won't stop talking..sometimes I show them the baseball bat behind the door.
In
> that said I think Heep always has been the most open, You almost never see
> bands come out after the show just to speak to the fans, I seen Heep do that
> often.  But when they don¹t invite to it themselves I always chose to leave
> them alone.
I sat next to Ken in a bar once for several hours without saying
> a word to him, he looked a bit tired and not in a good mood so I saw no reason
> to pester him with more than a nod ;-)
Also met the whole band once in
> Heathrow airport many years ago, as much as I wanted to stop and have a chat I
> saw they looked very tired and left them alone with just a big smile and a
> thumbs up.  I think they appreciate being left alone in such situations.
But
> on several occasions I had very nice chats with the band after shows, when
> they themselves chose to come out and talk to us fans.

Terje