[Heeplist] Top Ten

Pete Wharton heeplistpete at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 15 14:27:19 EST 2015

I never understood polls. How can someone who doesn't play a musical
instrument know who's better at playing that instrument? Seems like it
really is name the instrument players from the bands you like for most
people, and I count myself amongst that lot. We get fooled so easily, as Ken
himself once said, keep it simple and make it look flash for the punters.
I've seen a lot of guitar players play very well, but were they better than
Dave Gilmour? I don't know, but their music pleased me more so from that
point of view then they are. But then I've never really liked Ffloyd anyway
and I don't really go a great bundle on guitar music on its own. That's why
I always used to watch Trevor during Mick's solos. Metal guitar I generally
find very boring.

Pete