[Heeplist] Heeplist] Heep

DAVID M SHERROD porcupineheep at cox.net
Sat Feb 7 12:28:14 EST 2015

Well, this line up even with Lee never sounded like the classic line up, but Lee did slow them down enough to be closer to the classic feel, but without him they do play faster and harder, and with Davy they seem to sound ever harder live, which is fine by me, I still say Ken playing live is way closer to that classic Heep sound. I go in knowing that and have always liked the way they are, so I'm fine with it, because there was only one classic Heep era and it ended when David left, and to a large degree when Gary left. Though I consider the first three Heep albums and the last two with Wetton to be a part of the classic era, for me the truly classic line up was from Demons and Wizards through Wonderworld. DS