[Heeplist] 2014

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 16:24:32 EST 2015

I never said High Road over Outsider, only the one song

On 1/18/15 12:35 PM, "Don Malecic" <docofun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bob,

Bob,

High road over Outsider?

Please keep in mind that Night Ranger
> were grinding this album release for
1 year, not  spat out in a few months
> between shows like our beloved Heep.
Everyone tries to play in Box style, but
> can't succeed.
Please listen to the track knock knock never stop and you'll
> see what I
mean, watch the video.
Box plays this style with his eyes closed
> drinking a beer with one hand and
playing with the other.
There are a few good
> tunes on the album.
But it's no Outsider,
Go Seahawks !!!
  Don

On Sunday,
> January 18, 2015, Bob Winward <uriahheep at comcast.net> wrote:

> I picked up
> some music in 2014, most heep related of course, and my number
> one pick is
> Outsider, while maybe not the realease some wanted it is still
> the best of
> all that came out in my opinion.  I will give honorable mention
> to Asia
> (former Heep bassist that played with David Byron era) Gravitas,
> one
> of
> the best the band has done since the debut, although still lightweight,
> very
> strongly crafted.   Another enjoyable release was Pink Floyd¹s new
> album, a
> few too many songs but an interesting work.  I like it, good late
> night
> music, but sorely lacking vocals.  As a matter of act of 18 tracks,
> only the
> last had vocals.
>
> My second pick for the year is Night Ranger¹s High Road.
> They were hug in
> the 80¹s in the US and had a big hit called ³Sister
> Christian².  Some of
> their personnel are known for other projects like Jack
> Blades doing Damn
> Yankees with Tommy Shaw and Ted Nugent.  Their other
> guitarist Brad Gillis
> played with Ozzy Osbourne on his infamous 1982 live
> record Speak of the
> Devil.  On High Road are 10 really good songs with 2
> outstanding that have
> become must listens for me.  The CD replaced Outsider
> mid summer and was
> played over and over again for 2 weeks straight every
> time I got in the
> car,
> which is daily.  Track 4 a haunting rock ballad
> with some outstanding key
> board work at the end called  ³That Man Doesn¹t
> Live here Anymore²  Then
> there was track 9 St Bartholomew's   which has some
> of the most kick ass
> guitar licks I have heard in years.  The opening is
> even stronger than our
> beloved Jessie from Outsider.  Hate to say a song is
> better than Heep, but
> it is one hell of a hard rock song and back in the day
> it would have ruled
> the airwaves.  Now I do not know where to tune in on the
> radio to hear good
> new songs.  Everything is retreads and Sirius XM leaves
> much to be desired.

> Official
> Uriah Heep Website

He