[Heeplist] Tedious Criticism and bourish behaviour

MF mfredrick at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 09:03:22 EST 2014

WOW... is this what we have come to.....?
I would lay dollars to doughnuts that if Gary and David were alive and Ken and Lee came back that the sound would still not be the same as it was in the 70's. No where close..  and probably not even what it is today. and anyone who expects that it would be is sadly lacking in musical requiem... People, music, the world evolves. Hopefully, but not always, in a positive and fruitful direction. The evolution of Heep was inevitable, regardless of who is in the lineup. I thank "my" God that there still is a Heep and will cry the day that there isn't.. MHO...
 Mike Fredrick ;-)

 I smell hit single here,
 "One Minutia"!!!!!

 Seriously, Scott you are so right, I love your
 post.  I once heard a
 statement about Elvis
 Costello, by a music critic.  He said "if Elvis
 Costello didn't exist, someone would have
 invented him".  Well in this case
 Igor
 exists.  If everyone agreed totally, it would be sort of
 boring.
 I have come to the conclusion Igor
 means well but cannot help himself, he
 has a
 mission, and that is for every one here to know that Heep is
 down to
 one original member and when they
 play classic Heep songs live, it is a
 cover
 of the former music.  He continues to perpetrate that
 opinion and will
 not let up, he will Heap
 on.  The one thing we can admire though is his
 consistency with that opinion.  So there is a
 positive, he is not wishy
 washy.

 I am on a mission too.  I am
 at the other end of the Heep spectrum.  The one
 where the Heep glass is Full!!  I feel
 fortunate as do many others, that
 Heep is
 still going, maybe not with original members, but one
 un-replaceable
 guitarist and 4 highly
 talented folk that want to keep the Heep sound
 alive!!  We cannot bring David, Gary or Trevor
 back.  We could bring back
 Sloman, Lawton
 or Goalby, but I think we all admire the body of work
 Bernie
 has done on vocals.  We could bring
 back Chris Slade or Lee Kerslake on
 drums.
 However, ACDC may need Chris and Lee may not hold up to the
 rigors
 of touring.  Ken's return as
 principal song writer, key board player and
 chief bottle washer will never happen.  So
 that leaves 2 scenarios, one is
 good, the
 other, well I shudder at the thought of no more Heep in any
 form!

 So I celebrate the
 Heep we have today, in full wisdom knowing it is not 1971
 or 1972 Heep (whichever you may feel is the
 classic version).  What we do
 have today is
 an outstanding guitar player surrounded by some of the
 worlds
 best musicians, creating music in the
 the honor of the name Uriah Heep!!

 So I leave you with some words from the Oxford
 Dictionary (they are all in
 there)

 All Heap is Good Heap!!

 On 11/18/14 8:01 PM, "Scott Manion"
 <scottmanion at earthlink.net>
 wrote:

 > Seriously?
 To all of us middle-aged Heep fans out there
 arguing about the
 > absolute minutia of
 the band?

 Igor...you
 certainly drive 'content' and

 traffic on the site given that you will answer EVERYONE,
 regardless of their
 > perspective and
 typically take the provocative side of the their
 > perspective...which drives yet more
 content....

 If bantering
 with everyone
 > and driving more content
 is 'mission accomplished' for Igor I have to
 > ask...Bob, is Igor secretly on the
 payroll?

 He just quoted
 the Oxford
 > Fucking Dictionary for
 God's Sake!

 Is this a
 new low for a bunch of 40-65
 > year olds
 who just want to talk about the band?

 I'll wait for posts about the
 > tour and others who deliver information
 that is important to us like the Tapio

 post about the second edition of the Byron book and steer
 clear of the
 > others....unless Igor is
 on the payroll...then I'll support by arguing
 > endlessly about the old versus new...as
 I've said earlier...
 On and endless
 > loop....