[Heeplist] Tedious Criticism and bourish behaviour

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Wed Nov 19 07:35:53 EST 2014

I smell hit single here, "One Minutia"!!!!!

Seriously, Scott you are so right, I love your post.  I once heard a
statement about Elvis Costello, by a music critic.  He said "if Elvis
Costello didn't exist, someone would have invented him".  Well in this case
Igor exists.  If everyone agreed totally, it would be sort of boring.
I have come to the conclusion Igor means well but cannot help himself, he
has a mission, and that is for every one here to know that Heep is down to
one original member and when they play classic Heep songs live, it is a
cover of the former music.  He continues to perpetrate that opinion and will
not let up, he will Heap on.  The one thing we can admire though is his
consistency with that opinion.  So there is a positive, he is not wishy
washy.

I am on a mission too.  I am at the other end of the Heep spectrum.  The one
where the Heep glass is Full!!  I feel fortunate as do many others, that
Heep is still going, maybe not with original members, but one un-replaceable
guitarist and 4 highly talented folk that want to keep the Heep sound
alive!!  We cannot bring David, Gary or Trevor back.  We could bring back
Sloman, Lawton or Goalby, but I think we all admire the body of work Bernie
has done on vocals.  We could bring back Chris Slade or Lee Kerslake on
drums.  However, ACDC may need Chris and Lee may not hold up to the rigors
of touring.  Ken's return as principal song writer, key board player and
chief bottle washer will never happen.  So that leaves 2 scenarios, one is
good, the other, well I shudder at the thought of no more Heep in any form!

So I celebrate the Heep we have today, in full wisdom knowing it is not 1971
or 1972 Heep (whichever you may feel is the classic version).  What we do
have today is an outstanding guitar player surrounded by some of the worlds
best musicians, creating music in the the honor of the name Uriah Heep!!

So I leave you with some words from the Oxford Dictionary (they are all in
there)

All Heap is Good Heap!!

On 11/18/14 8:01 PM, "Scott Manion" <scottmanion at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Seriously?
To all of us middle-aged Heep fans out there  arguing about the
> absolute minutia of the band?

Igor...you certainly drive 'content' and
> traffic on the site given that you will answer EVERYONE,  regardless of their
> perspective and typically take the provocative side of the their
> perspective...which drives yet more content....

If bantering with everyone
> and driving more content is 'mission accomplished' for Igor I have to
> ask...Bob, is Igor secretly on the payroll?

He just quoted the Oxford
> Fucking Dictionary for God's Sake!

Is this a new low for a bunch of 40-65
> year olds who just want to talk about the band?

I'll wait for posts about the
> tour and others who deliver information that is important to us like the Tapio
> post about the second edition of the Byron book and steer clear of the
> others....unless Igor is on the payroll...then I'll support by arguing
> endlessly about the old versus new...as I've said earlier...
On and endless
> loop....
Till the end of time.....

Scott