[Heeplist] Outsider revisited

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 08:56:46 EST 2014

I thought you were the one comparing and saying they  are no good anymore
It just feels like you keep chopping the same wood and yelling Heep sucks,
Heep sucks (Mick Box's Heep that is)  :-)

On 11/11/14 8:40 AM, "Igor Shveitser" <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:

>  Bob,
I don't want to be rude, but we have quite a rude saying here, in
> Russia, which goes like this: "There's a word "dick" written on your
> wood-shed, still inside you have only fire-wood". :))))))))))))) Legal rights
> have nothing to do, - as we all know, -  with way more thin things like
> chemistry, energy, etc. And, if I were you, I wouldn't go into all that
> historical details and comparisons. 30 years - who cares? Classic Heep spent
> together only 6 and a half - but made almost all that is real Heep to me and
> most of us. Music is all that matters, and this band has little if anything in
> common with the classic Heep. Still I like the Outsider, but wouldn't go into
> comparisons with Heep.
Cheers, Igor

Tue, 11 Nov 2014 07:42:44 -0500 от Bob
> [...]
>they continually
> put out new music.  Some of this new music is as good as
>the old stuff.
> Between 2 Worlds is one of Heep’s geates songs that Hensley
>did not pen.
> Shaw and Lanzon will have 30 years in the band after next
>year.
>
>Since they
> continue to put out new music, we can celebrate what was, but
>embrace what
> is!
>

>On 11/10/14 12:33 PM, "Igor Shveitser" < zlenko_iv at mail.ru >
> wrote:
>
>> Bob,
>> I respect any opinion, but see it myself  from quite a
> different angle: Phil
>> Lanzon, Bernie Shaw, Russel Gilbrook, Davey Rimmer
> plus Mick Box mostly play
>> the songs, initially written and performed live
> by Hensley, Byron, Box etc.. -
>> I intentionally, on purpose, name the former
> band members in the order of
>> their contribution to the music of classic
> Heep. The only similarity between
>> the bands is the name plus the figure of
> lead guitarist, who is, of course,
>> still great and perhaps even better than
> ever... but we all know it ain't
>> enough to even come close to "that" Heep
> from all points of view. And I
>> wouldn't compare the two: this band, as I
> stated many times before, has its
>> own unique style; it shines, regarding
> studio work, on the modern rock skies
>> no worse than the legend did in the
> 70-s.  But when it comes to live concerts,
>> modern Heep, - perhaps, not
> intentionally but still it's a fact - competes
>> with that band playing live
> the likes of Gypsy, July Morning etc. and, in my
>> eyes loses in almost every
> way. Having Lee and Trevor it was a bit different
>> 'cause they knew better
> how to play Heep music properly. Having Mr. Lawton on
>> stage made it even
> better - John is the singer, I tell ya' :))) Having said
>> that, I still
> enjoy the Outsider and would love to see it played live in all
>> it entirety
> while most of the classics should be left out for they truly do
>> not belong
> to this band and in their "reading" the songs are nothing but
>> covers
> really.
>> Cheers, Igor
>>

>> Mon, 10 Nov 2014 08:07:12 -0500 от Bob
> Winward < uriahheep at comcast.net >:
>>>

>>> I do not agree, a cover band,
> covers the material of others.  Uriah Heep
>>> continues to produce fresh new
> vibrant music!!  They may not sound as great
>>> as 70's Heep but they have
> evolved and from what I see, Outsider is highly
>>> enjoyed and accepted by
> most fans.
>>>
>>> In contrast, you could take Styx, an oldies cover band who
> plays old songs.
>>> Their last cd was a cd of covers right?  No new

Heeplist mailing
Heeplist at travellersintime.com