[Heeplist] Funny Story...

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 08:02:36 EDT 2014

I am not sure if I understand the point below, but what I meant by heep
orphan, is that before I got on the internet in 1996, I did not know any
other Uriah Heep fans locally.  I thought I was the only one left that liked
and cared about Uriah Heep music.  I felt like a child without parents, left
all alone and isolated.  That is what is meant by the term "Orphan"

Shifting gears, I have lived my dreams being a Heep fan.  Before the net, I
always wondered what it would be like to meet Ken Hensley or Mick Box, to
see them live.  Dreams was often a subject of early Uriah Heep lyrics, and
like many others on the list here, I have now lived those wildest dreams.
In the year 2000 I met both of my heros, first Ken Hensely at HV2000, then
Mick Box later in the year at the Accoustically Driven show.  Plus that year
at both of those events I met many celebrated international Heep fans!

There is nothing I enjoy more than recounting the many tales of meetings
with Heep fans, band members, the gigs I attended,the many HVs.  My wife
jokes than when we travel, I am worse than a sailor with a girl in every
port, I have a heepster friend in every port!