[Heeplist] Conquest

Pete Wharton heeplistpete at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 18 18:33:34 EDT 2014

You know on my 4 hour drive to work on Monday, I forced myself to listen to this album again and then the mailing list rarities vol 2 with John Lawton.  I'm sorry Igor, but I really do not understand how you can say " However, quality wise, mood wise that was still on the level of better Heep works" about Conquest. I'm sorry but the CD is below the level of Different World quality wise. Trevor never got time to do decent production on that and Conquest just plain sucks with crap vocals and I can't find any redeeming features on that CD at all. It's like Sloman can't hold a note so he fakes it by going to a different one. Any decent songs have been lost in the morass of Sloman's abysmal vocals! Even Equator stands head and shoulders above this waste of effort.

Pete