[Heeplist] Test IT's ALIVE!!!!

David Amendolara mail4hamurabi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 17:07:33 EDT 2014

> Fools is a powerful rock ballad, I wish I could hear John Lawton sing this one.  It is also my favorite track in Heep catalog for Micks best
> guitar work.

Isn't there a version with John L on the 5 Miles High bootleg, or am I thinking of "Feelings"?

> Out on the Street in my opinion is every bit as good as Stairway to Heaven, this is "The" song that should have been
> an instant Heep classic!!  It had great lyrics, great vocal, all the ingredients for mega song!!  If only I could hear David
> Byron singing this.  This song and Fools should be staples in the heep live set!  I would take both of them over LIB
> any day!!!!!

I completely agree with this :-) Would love these two to show up in a live set every now and then. Heck, just for the sake of the OFFICIAL BOOTLEGS being sold ...

> It Ain't Easy, what a great lyric and story and a wonderful way to close out the album.  However there is controversy, did
> Trevor really do the lead?

No it's definitely Sloman singing all the way through. Ken may have seen Trevor singing it in the studio, but the vocals got re-recorded by John.

Eddie