[Heeplist] Test IT's ALIVE!!!!

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Mon Sep 8 07:11:34 EDT 2014

When Conquest came out, after my first listen, I thought wow, Ken has really
brought this band into the 80's and set the standard of what 80's music
should sound like.

It starts out with an outstanding song called No Return.  Next up
Imagination and I love the bass line ending of it!!

Feelings is a great rocker and came out in the days when hit singles
mattered and I still cannot understand why this awesome rocker was not a
huge hit for them.

Fools is a powerful rock ballad, I wish I could hear John Lawton sing this
one.  It is also my favorite track in Heep catalog for Micks best guitar
work.

Carry On, nice lively tune, but then up comes "I Won't Have to Wait too
Long"  I love this song and really enjoy the technique of guitar/vocal
interplay (ever since I saw Edgar Winter do that)  I love the way Mick plays
and John S mimics the guitar tone.  Breathtaking!!!!
 Out on the Street in my opinion is every bit as good as Stairway to Heaven,
this is "The" song that should have been an instant Heep classic!!  It had
great lyrics, great vocal, all the ingredients for mega song!!  If only I
could hear David Byron singing this.  This song and Fools should be staples
in the heep live set!  I would take both of them over LIB any day!!!!!

It Ain't Easy, what a great lyric and story and a wonderful way to close out
the album.  However there is controversy, did Trevor really do the lead?  It
say he did, Ken Hensley when he was on the list insisted he saw Trevor sing
it.  I think Trevor does sing it, but John S joins in at the end.

On 9/7/14 7:35 PM, "Igor Shveitser" <zlenko_iv at mail.ru> wrote:

>  Conquest is  very good indeed. No kiddin'.
Igor