[Heeplist] Heeplist] (no subject)

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Fri Aug 29 15:35:18 EDT 2014

 David,
I believe I understand what you mean, but can not agree with most of what you said. Yes, they needed each other... 1970-75 - and the result was outstanding! Afterwards, it all went downhill but the standards were rather high especially for Ken because he has that special talent. His classic solo albums are all superb from all points of view (arrangements, melodies, musicians involved) whereas after the return (The Return? )))) it was not always that pleasant for one's ear. Ken was a superb guitar player (I mean it), had good musicians at his disposal, even played all the instruments on some tracks... I really like the likes of New Routine. As for Mr.Box' band, - they just went different way musically since Ken left. And he... he was a rock bard then - which was terrific as an addition to his Heep duties. He was the wizard - without any exaggeration. Now he is someone else... a musician writing ordinary modern hard rock songs and playing them with a faceless northern band, perhaps. The magic has gone - and while for this Heep it is quite ok, for Ken's old fans this loss of romantic appeal is much more painful. Especially when he starts to preach...
Cheers, Igor