[Heeplist] Favourite Heep drumtrack?

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Tue Aug 26 17:09:39 EDT 2014

Eddie,
Just a few days ago I was celebrating Ken's birthday in my favorite style which is not drinking but listening to what the celebrated musician took part in. :) One of the records I've been listening to was Firefly, suddenly, noticing those nice breaks and other stuff which was typical for Lee in the 70-s, I realized why I can't treat the modern Hensley recordings the way I treat Heep classics. It is those major details, nuances including drums and bass playing which are sadly missing from Ken's albums since he has returned to stage. So, I think, mostly all of the 70-s recordings featuring Lee have those details for which I am more than grateful to him. "Lee's main feature is that he's a jolly drummer", - that's what a great friend of mine who's a very good drummer himself said once. But it is really hard to pinpoint one track. In the meantime, give The Hanging Tree a spin, you might like it. :)
Cheers, Igor

Вторник, 26 августа 2014, 13:39 -07:00 от David Amendolara <mail4hamurabi at yahoo.com>:
>OK so we discussed singers ... What's everyone's favourite drum track on any given Uriah Heep song?
>

>If forced, I'd probably go with Lee's drumming on "Return To Fantasy" - specifically the cymbals, which sound like fireworks going off to my ears.
>

>I also like his drumming on "Been Away Too Long", very lyrical. But I think RTF is my favourite (for the moment).
>
>Let's see who's willing to play :-)
>Eddie

Igor Shveytser