[Heeplist] Firefly and beyond

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Thu Aug 21 17:33:29 EDT 2014

 Well, there's no contradiction - I believe Ken has been always writing stuff having mostly himself in mind :)))))) "Ken is out there for Ken - and bollocks to the rest of you" - perhaps, you remember who said that...  I know he even wanted to sing Free Me but then John interfered and insisted that he is THE SINGER. Still, Byron just fitted most of Hensley penned songs perfectly well, possibly he would have done it still had he remained among the living. But Firefly songs, a bit simplified. straightforward and more dynamical than regular Heep ones were mostly meant for a singer with a voice higher and more powerful than David's. Partially I believe that's why, I believe, John came about. In addition to that, the songwriting style changed drastically especially around Firefly - that is why I doubt this Byron couldda-version :)))) But imagination rules, no doubt about it!
Cheers, Igor