[Heeplist] Heeplist] ***SPAM*** Re: 1981 cassette recording?

Kevin Julie kevinj.1969 at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 21 16:26:53 EDT 2014

Interesting as Pete was right for Heep's more 'Americanized' sound of the early 80s [which they seemed to stick with til;1991]. Fontaine, being American was really only familiar with that era of Heep, and was a fan of the albums Goalby was on. Stef was not into the early Heep stuff, he was an LA rock singer and really liked all 3 of those Goalby albums. so, it's not a stretch that he really took his influence while in Heep from Goalby.
As for the 1981 Cassette, it is obviously from some sort of audition, and I thought many of us believed it was Kenny Driscoll [ex Lone Star], but I see the tape poster commented the other day that he knows Lone Star and didn't think Dricsoll was a choice.

 Well it's just an
 opinion....I just stopped after watching the youtube
 video how very close the vocals between pete
 and steff were... Just kind of
 getting my
 feet wet with everyone...