[Heeplist] 2]: Heeplist] (no subject)

Don Malecic docofun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:17:49 EDT 2014

You guys will probably crap on me for this .
I was going to say, the most Heep albums played in my household is anything
pre Return to Fantasy and everything after Sea of light.
Although Innocent, Firefly, Abominog and Headfirst were all great albums,
things got a little too murky for me in the middle.
Was never a fan of Goalby, Lawton definitely
Made my hair stand on end with his vocals, but never thought he was
the right fit.

I'm not being sarcastic, I think Lawton could have easily become a Country
Sensation if he chose that path in his  career. I say that because there
are a few Heep songs with a little country feel to them, like Free me that
could easily be a huge Country hit if picked up and covered by a Country
star .
Lawton should have thrown on a cowboy hat, formed his own band, took songs
like Free me and came to America, he probably would have been very
successful