[Heeplist] Heeplist] Celebration released on vinyl

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Mon Aug 11 15:38:24 EDT 2014

 Kevin,
The fact John sang to the already made instrumental tracks, which I am fully aware of, doesn't mean the sketches were made long before he joined the band. I suppose, mostly those ideas emerged after Byron's departure - and that explains to me such a change in the mood and compositional structure. Also, I believe, they didn't have enough material of their own which helps understanding how the prolific songwriter ended up needing help from some unknown Mr.Williams. As for Ken's words 'bout writing for David - this is one of his favorite statements of the latest years and I do not take it very seriously, relying more on what I hear with my ears. They tell me, on Firefly we have a great collection of songs, both played and sung exceptionally well, but they are much further from what I call Uriah Heep than Look At Yourself from High And Mighty, althought between those two there is also, as you justly pointed, a significant difference.
Cheers, Igor