[Heeplist] Heeplist] Celebration released on vinyl

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Mon Aug 11 07:41:42 EDT 2014

I love all eras, but the other night I was alone at the skate park and had
to sweep the floors and ramps.  I locked the doors and put on Firefly over
the sound system.  I had not listened in awhile.  First off the tunes are
very varied and lively.  The vocals are outstanding, John was on top of his
game then.  The guitar solos were stunningly brilliant.  It made me remember
when I was in college, my two favorite Heep lps were Firefly and High and
Mighty and the latest..  Although the two are in the same year, you would
not even know it is the same band.  Also Live 79 has to be the second
greatest live lp of all times, next to Live 73.

I do Know of a couple of folk on our list who became fans because of
Abominog.  I wonder if anyone became a fan after Equator or Conquest,
lol??!!

On 8/3/14 9:47 PM, "Dave Crookham" <crookham at peoplepc.com> wrote:

> Except for us strange fans out here. I don't dislike the Byron era, I'm just

a bigger fan of the Lawton, Goalby, and Bernie era's.