[Heeplist] Heeplist] Heeplist] UH singers

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Tue Aug 5 06:45:34 EDT 2014

 David,
If anything is missing with people like Mick Box it is for sure not confidence or whatsoever :)))))))))))) I see him differently, he was always the team kind of player who hardly has to offer anything substantial on his own (and the proof is absolute zero of his and only his songs throughout the respective carreer). But he was and still is great in co-writing the material. As Ken said. "Mick had ideas..." - to me, as also to a guitar playing lad, it means the following: Mr.Box often offered riffs and solos which eventually mostly had made it to those masterpiece LPs, and he was - and still is, it shows on the likes of Outsider! - very good at jamming. On the other hand, Hensley mostly brought in SONGS which only needed arrangement, and since they had internally some kind of legal treaty regarding of what to consider a song or an arrangement (or, putting it simple, who's got to be payed, how many times, and for what), that finally led to a situation when most of the Heep felt like there's not much reason for them to go on like that. As for Bron-Hensley-Kerslake situation, I am sure you will be so kind as to proove where exactly Ken was given all the writing credit (in case with Lee) and how on earth that affected on Lee's departure which happened appr. one year after that supposed injustice. I think, somebody gave you the wrong idea of how it was... or did I really miss something of value regarding that band?
Cheers. Igor