[Heeplist] Long Live List

Bob Winward uriahheep at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 12:53:01 EDT 2014

Well Rick, you really know how to make your posts interesting!!  Did it feel
good letting off some steam?  Ok, had to put a little levity out there!  :-)
Also if I did not care about you I would not have taken the time to write
the following.

This needs to be said, "you are too overly sensitive" and over react to many
posts and take them the wrong way.  It appears you erroneously think there
is a conspiracy on the list against you.  I would say some may be bitter
because you sound condescending, often misinterpret posts and get upset
because many do not reply to your posts.  I actually get your feelings on
the last point, I too am puzzled why questions I ask on the list are
ignored.

Your name Rick Wilson sounds very British to me and not Chinese.  Before you
mentioned where you live, I assumed you were in the UK because of your
highly intelligent points and masterful use of the English language. You say
you live in China, well  we have many countries represented, many cultures
and many languages. The first Uriah Heep website that I am aware of was
started by a guy in the Asian country of Singapore, Hani So.  (does anyone
know how he is doing since he left the list 15 years ago?) I will admit that
myself and many in the USA are at a disadvantage, we only know one language
and are not even as masterful at it as many in Europe that use it as a
second or third language.  In your case I am sure you are fluent in Chinese,
English, German and as recently evidenced on the list, "Foul".

Religion and politics are two topics we try to avoid on the list.  I would
say your recent comments slant political. If you walk around stores now in
the USA and pick up items, turn them over, you will see much of what is sold
now in our country is made in China so it appears we embrace China. I think
more in the USA are afraid of other countries than China, but we don't pick
on list members from those countries. I have always thought of this list as
transcending politics and world issues and we all share a common love of
Uriah Heep music.  Not all are as fanatic about Heep as some may be, but
they are for Heep.  I REPEAT, HERE FOR THE HEEP!

You also said Mac blocked a post. Mac has a career an active family life and
rarely posts on the list.  Surely he sees the same shit we do when he boots
up his PC (or does he use a MAC?)  However he is not here 24/7.  The server
does weird things and the last few months have shown that.  I still do not
get posts from those who use yahoo.  I wonder if someone is prejudiced
against me because I live in New Jersey, lol!  (just needling, hee hee)

Louis lives in Holland. He left our list over 10 years ago, most on the list
do not know him and some barely remember him. I don't keep in touch with
him, so I was not aware of him having relatives killed in the Ukraine.  I
did not even know he had relatives there.  Where did you see this
information?  I do not wish to knock Louis, but the "worlds greatest
heepster" was a set up at the Heepvention 2001, I know I was there.  He was
voted that in a run-off playing air guitar on a plastic inflatable guitar.
It was a gag, not a real contest. In the hotel lobby after the heepster
session, Bernie came up behind me and got right in my face and said "so who
is the world's greatest heepster?" He thought it was going to be me and
feigned shock that I wasn't.  Anyhow, I am just a fan too here on the list,
nothing special.

Now to address some errors below.  Get your anatomy straight! The majority
of the list is male, I will not argue about the common sense part lol!  Also
if I was Terje, I would come looking for you after making those indirect
comments about his mother.

Lastly you spend too much time watching BBC or CNN.  Most on the list perfer
CN (Cartoon Network) and once you realize that, maybe you will lighten up.

I  have a very novel idea, everyone, lets talk about Uriah Heep music. Let's
have fun and let's have it business as usual, grammatical errors, nonsense,
horsecrap or intelligent points.  It should all be welcome.

Bob "All Heep is Good Heep" Winward