[Heeplist] Mick Box on BBC Radio 2;

Iain Barnes i.barnes3 at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 27 12:26:33 EDT 2014

Today Mick Box was featured on Johnnie Walker’s Sounds of the 70’s BBC Radio 2 show.  Mick introduces two of his favourite songs along with a little story about each.  Earlier in the show they played The Easy Road and that is definately the first time I’ve heard that song on the radio.

Radio 2 is the most listened to radio station in the UK with an estimated 15.5 million listeners each week.  This is great promotion for Heep.

Well I managed to capture the show and if you want to listen to it below is a link to download the whole show.  I know it will be on the BBCiplayer soon but for everyone outside the UK this is probably the only way to hear the full show.

The easy road is approximately 52 minutes in and Mick’s slot is approximately 1 hour 28 minutes in.  Here is the link.

https://www.mediafire.com/?actxug193c7ccnb

Just to show how big Radio 2 is here is a list of the UKs most listened to radio stations

1. BBC Radio 2 (15.5m listeners every week)
2. BBC Radio 4* (11.2m)
3. BBC Radio 1 (11.0m)
4. Capital (7.5m)
5. Heart (7.3m)