[Heeplist] Heeplist] Analog music recording

DAVID M SHERROD porcupineheep at cox.net
Sat Jul 26 15:02:30 EDT 2014

It's always interesting to read about different sound, like Ian I never had high end equipment, but am very picky about sound, I need edge and I need deep but not booming bass, I can't stand distortion on the full sound, only instruments intended to be distorted, a lot on new age recordings seem to have distortions that are added on after recording, I hate it. Overall vinyl has a better sound, sadly it's only on older recordings that were recorded in the analog era so it's a lost art. New recordings do not have that same sound, sorry vinyl fans. I no longer play records, I don't have room or any interest. What's funny is sound wise I don't like mp 3s but they are what I mostly listen to and in fact sound better than any of my home CD players, only in my car do I get the proper sound. I have always had my own ways of listening to music, and adjust everything to how I want it to sound there is no single setting that works because every recording I have ever heard has a problem I need to fix to fit my ears. Dave S