[Heeplist] Uriah Heep Street Team!

Rick Wilson rick.wilson.292768100 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 01:33:11 EDT 2014

Hi, All!

We have had many discussions over the years about why "Uriah Heep" doesn't
play a gig near my hometown, etc., and why do they always play so many gigs
in places like Holland, Belgium, Finland or Russia.  It doesn't take an
Einstein to figure out that people like Louis (Hol.), Staf (Bel.), Tapio
(Fin.) and Igor (Rus.) are perhaps doing all in their power to bring the
band to their respective countries; or, they are simply downright lucky
people.  lol  In any case, never underestimate the advertising power of
"Word of Mouth"; don't take for granted that people know UH, either.  If
YOU truly like the new Heep CD and band formation, then tell someone (not
someone on this list, because we are all fans already).  Like Bob said, he
loaned his "Outsider" disc to his boss, and his boss likes it so much that
he has yet to return it.  I have often spoken with Classic Rock fans,
people YOU would think know everything about Heep, and I will often get
remarks like, "Yeah, I remember them, they had a few good albums back in
the Seventies!"  Let them know that Heep have just released one of the best
Rock discs of 2014!  Organize!  Call your local radio stations, and ask
them to play "One Minute", "Jessie", "Rock the Foundation", etc., no matter
whether YOU own the disc already or not, no matter that YOU have already
heard the new disc a number of times.  Advertise!  Go to the next Rock
concert in your hometown wearing a Heep t-shirt, preferrably an "Outsider"
T.  Advertise!  Go to Rock forums online and let people know about Heep and
"Outsider".  Find out who promotes the concerts that come to your hometown,
and send them a letter, e-mail or call and ask them to book Heep.
Advertise!  Yes, and be sure to let the band know, either here or at any
one of the numerous Heep websites, that YOU love the new disc and line-up,
and would love to see them play in your city sometime soon.  Lastly, Heep
is currently on Frontiers Records, which is also the home to "Asia", "Night
Ranger", and so many other great classic bands that have released product
in 2014, so they all could potentially be touring near YOU soon.
Advertise!  OK, someone may ask, and other than the band playing in my
hometown sometime soon, what do I get for my time and effort "advertising"
for Heep?  Then, I say, "Let's form a Street Team!"  Let's reward
incentives to those who do the best jobs at promoting Heep - free t-shirts,
autographed CDs, etc., etc.  In any case, don't just complain, get up off
your ass and do something about it, while there is still time and such a
great band to do it for!

Rick
[?]

--