[Heeplist] [NHC] Steve Walsh leaving Kansas

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Fri Jul 4 11:04:33 EDT 2014

 Rick,
I think your letter shows how different we are in the way we see (and hear) things around. For instance, I DON'T want them to do anything in the vein of July Morning or anything of a kind because it will most likely be clumsy and lame as current UH have more of a jamming, sketch-bringing kind of composing approach while with Hensley they definitely had (his at least) SONGS prior  to going to studio... To me the last chapter in the Kansas story is an extremely sad one - I tell you again, I have tears in my eyes each time I listen to their classics on LPs -  and it shows  that  either America doesn't really like  the ones she must be proud of anymore or that those musicians really did quit as a band some 15 years ago. Yes, I know they are still loved in their native town of Topeka and around it, - but that is not enough for such great artists they once were!!!
Cheers, Igor