[Heeplist] UH São Paulo review

Cláudia Leão claudia.plf at hotmail.com
Tue May 27 22:12:29 EDT 2014

Hey guys,

I'm not a musician nor my English is the best one but I want to share with you how was the gig I just saw... Sorry for any flaws, I'm still at the venue and I can't use google here lol.

The concert is ended now, and complementing the 1st part of the set list I've sent before the 2nd part of the was:

Gypsy
Look at yourself
Mick's solo
July morning
Lady in Black

Free and easy
Easy living

As you can see, they didn't play One Minute... :-(

The gig was awesome, I found Davey much more comfortable among the band than he was on the previous show I saw in Bergen Op Zoom, walking around the stage and teasing the others. During the last songs he was wearing a yellow Brazil T-shirt. I just had the feeling that his bass was too loud during Lady in Black and I barely could hear Mick's acoustic guitar during this tune.

Russ drums were heavy as usual, I know some of you don't appreciate that but I think it matches perfectly with the new songs.

Bernie did great in all songs, amazingly he took a seat an arm distance from me during July Morning and that was absolutely a magic moment for me.

Of course I went on stage during Free and Easy! I think there were around 20 girls up there, the stage was totally crowded! That was insane - I don't know how they could still play with so many girls dancing around them!!

And finally, Mick talked several times to the audience, he was obviously in great mood. You guys know what to expect from him, always brilliant and lovely!

No technical issues registered at all.

End of report. ;-)

I'll still try to meet the band backstage and get my cd covers signed, not sure if I'll be successful.

Cheers everyone!

Claudia