[Heeplist] California Breed

Dave porcupineheep at cox.net
Fri May 23 23:02:22 EDT 2014

I like the album as well, yes, he plays a few notes but its more for color
which these days is better since not many play good meaningful lead these
days, and yes, I do really like what this guy plays, but he uses a lot of
overdubs so it should be interesting to hear a live show and how he sounds
if they any songs from other albums, I cant tell how good he is till I hear
something live. DS.

BTW, I cannot stop playing California Breed, it's the first album this year
that i've played this many times, a real grower. And Dave, the guitarist
plays quite a few solos and filler licks on every song, his solos are just
short. i don't know if any are more than 8 bars long. His soloing style
reminds me of Mick: not his tone or anything like that, but in that he does
a lot with very few notes. Mick is the second best guitarist I've ever heard
at that (BB King being the master).

Jay