[Heeplist] One Minute single released today

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Sun May 11 18:42:41 EDT 2014

 David,
As we know, tastes differ, but there's one thing you can not deny about Blackfoot: they were one of those highly skilled bands who had a face of their own. Ricky Medlocke (and all that line-up in fact) is  quite an outstanding individuality. You can't confuse him with, say, late Van Zant and his band, Blackfoot, with LS or Allman Brothers. Blackfoot were superb technically and had terrific dynamics, even more on stage... And I bet none of the list will ever recognize Ken Ingversen or Roberto Tiranti if they do their thing. In fact, it will be even hard to define what exactly is their thing at all. Of course, Mr.Hensley is a different kettle of fish but that's the trick: to my ears they, along with the modern production (where sound is flat and digital in a bad sence), move him into a lower division.
Cheers, Igor