[Heeplist] crue and alice

todd klun toddklun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 00:55:06 EDT 2014

First of all my full disclosure is that I am an Alice Cooper fan from when
i was five years old . He had showed up on some daytime talk show in the
early 70s and my mother jumped off the couch and shut off the TV ( no
remote controls in those days) .. I asked why she turned it off and she
said we were NOT going to watch that Alice Cooper. Of course I asked why
and her reply was " He is SICK" .. I carried that memory with me and still
visit it now and then . When he came back in the 80s with the Constrictor
LP I was able to say that I rememberd when he was sick (haha).. About the
CRUE .. never was impressed . I consider the best album to be the self
titled one that Vince doesnt sing on . The guitar work is better , the
drums are better and they dont sound like a bar band with limited
abilities. Its the only crue album in my collection . Here in America (my
opinion) , it seemed like we were flooded with generic "metal" bands. Glam
Rock ? hair bands? A girl i was seeing showed me the first Poison album.
Iasked if it was a girl group... on MTV it was the same band over and over
with a different name. Poison , WhiteLion ..and Motley Crue. generic bands
with disposable albums . MANY THANKS to the rock gods cause we still had
AC/DC , Deep Purple was up and running again , Whitesnake finally got
played over here . And OZZY could always be counted on . Some people love
the bubble gum metal , I just wanted more bands like URIAH HEEP , E L P ,
and the heavy sound that was cast aside . I will try to keep an open mind
when going to see Alice Cooper & motley crue , but it wont be easy. Lets
face it , Motley Crue is more famous for the off stage performances .. Hey
Rick , If the crue visits China , please keep them there. Thanks