[Heeplist] Myrtle Beach Trip/Heepvention 99

merrick3 at comcast.net merrick3 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 15 21:05:15 EST 2014

GRAET FUN FOR SURE

MADMAN

p.s.URIAH HEEP forever

----- Original Message -----

From: "Bob Winward" <uriahheep at comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:14:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Heeplist] Myrtle Beach Trip/Heepvention 99

Yes, lots of great memories from Myrtle Beach.  I remember being picked up
at the airport.  It was supposed to be by your sister but she got hurt. I
did not know, I get off the plane, come through the gate no one there to
greet me.  Then I see a bunch of guys huddled around the flight board, all
wearing Uriah Heep t shirts.  Mac, Lannis, Ron Mann and Big Dog Griffin.  So
I joined the group, and asked "what time does his flight arrive"  One of
them says "that is what we are trying to figure out".  So I figure this is
too funny, I will play along.  So now they pick out the gate and start
heading that way, all of a sudden big dog screams "Bob".  That was too
good!!  I just blended for a few moments and had some fun.  Anyhow, I had
the pleasure of riding to the hotel with none other than Ron Mann!!  He was
new to the list and had so many questions about Heep.  I even whipped out
high and mighty cd for him.

Next big memory, we were at the sea food buffet.  I saw John Lawton at
another table but was not sure how to approach him.  I did not think he
would know me from the next guy.  I later found out he loved reading my
reviews on Heep past and present.  Anyhow, after the meal, I was chatting
with Paul Kubler and Pete Wharton, all of a sudden John comes up, puts his
arm around me and says to the others "Watch out for this guy". I was so
impressed with how down to earth and friendly he was.  At that time he was
the first Heep member I ever met personally in my life and I cannot even
begin to describe the thrill.

I could go on and on with the happy Heep memories of this HV and many
others.  I know some on the list are saying "Yes he will go on an on, don't
encourage him"  lol!

Bob