[Heeplist] Myrtle Beach Trip/Heepvention 99

Jay Pearson deepheep at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 12:19:42 EST 2014

Great memories for me as well, starting with the people who arranged for me to be there.

My favorite memories involve how nice all the Heepsters were, and especially how wonderful John and Iris were. I remember walking into the bar after Mac's and Dale's wives picked me up at the airport (my flight was several hours late, but they still came and were waiting for me!) and John welcoming me immediately and asking me to be on his team for a game of pool! :-)

My absolute favorite memory was when John sang with the house band at the House of Blues. The bass player walked onto the floor while playing to watch John, mouthing "I'm playing with John Lawton!" and the drummer had this ear-to-ear grin. I think John was only going to sing 1 rock standard but was gracious enough to do 3 or 4. By the end, people from the main bar had crowded in to watch, John's voice was so powerful.

Lots of other great memories, including Bob as Robert (??) (can't remember your evil twin's last name!) MC'ing and getting Dale to autograph my King Biscuit CD. And Bob's arm draped over me when we woke up at Lannis' apartment that first morning! HAHAH!! Or was it the other way around????

That Heepvention was easily one of the Top 10 memories of my life.

Jay
PS - Myrtle Beach has as many Miniature Golf courses as Seattle has coffee stands!!

 From: "lethridge at carolina.net ." <lethridge at carolina.net>

Bobbie and I went to Myrtle Beach for 3 days. Every time we pass the HV99 site, it brings back great memories. Eating at McDonalds with John and Iris. Hanging out with all the great Heepsters. Hard to believe, it will be 15 years ago in July.

The temps were in the upper 50s, low 60s, so I wore my Uriah Heep Live Sweatshirt. I was blown away by all the comments I got. One guy told me that his wife bought him a turntable, and he had bought a copy of the Uriah Heep Live vinyl. He said it is one of his favorite all time favorite albums, loves rock and roll medley. Another guy said the Heep rocks. It went on and on like this. Most were talking about "in the day'. I had to give them an update, mention the new album, and give them uriah-heep.com info.

Needless to say, we had a great time.

Heep On, Lannis