[Heeplist] Vinyl players in cars.

DAVID M SHERROD porcupineheep at cox.net
Wed Jan 8 22:12:25 EST 2014

My brother had a record player in his car that played 45s and worked pretty decent for about a year before it started having problems, this was in the early 60s before 4 tracks had really hit the market which came around the mid 60s but only lasted a couple years before 8 tracks took over, they used to sell a wheel that plugged into the hole the 4 tracks had so they would still work on 8 track players using tracks 1 and 3. You could pull them out to use on other 4 track tapes much like the insert for 45s to play on record players. I also was able to open my 4 track tapes and transfer them into 8 track cases, but as the 70s took hold cassette players took over. DS
(:€)~