[Heeplist] Remasters - The Official Anthology

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Wed Nov 13 17:11:13 EST 2013

 I agree with Jyrki on this one, and in addition to that must admit: anything "remastered" sounds flat in comparison to earlier releases, while, yes, you'll get more highs and lows - but what a price! I have a lot of remasters in my collection just for the sake of it or 'cause of the bonus songs. Still, I strongly believe those were made to milk the cow once more, not because you'll get better versions.
Cheers, Igor
P.S. With recent Byron recordings (Artistry) it is a whole different story and they do sound very good.

Понедельник, 11 ноября 2013, 23:50 +02:00 от Jyrki Usva <jyrki.usva at me.com>:
>I have different opinion: it's not worth it. If you're like me who likes the original classic recordings then stay away from it. If you like to collect all the Heep releases then it's a different story. And yes, I have it. Bought it way back then out of curiosity, maybe listened to it once and was disappointed.
>
>Jyrki
>

>Iain Barnes kirjoitti 11.11.2013 kello 22.52:
>
>> Definately worth getting in my opinion especially when you can pick em up on eBay cheap these days
>>
>> Iain
>>
>> On 11 Nov 2013, at 19:48, Damian Leyland < damianleyland at hotmail.com > wrote:
>>
>>> Remasters - The Official Anthology is the only Heep CD that I don't have. It
>>> was expensive at the time it came out so I didn't buy it.
>>>
>>> What does everyone think of it and are the remastered tracks the same as the
>>> regular remastered CD albums?
>>>
>>> In other words is it worth buying?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> Travellers in Time Website