[Heeplist] (no subject)

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Wed Nov 13 16:52:18 EST 2013

 I join Shawn on this one, Claudia. However, I must admit censorship is not the so-called "Communist" regimes prerogative, and people in so-called "free" countries sometimes can't even imagine how biased is the information given to them by their respective mass media. And they don't have to block anything since generally the Western people hardly learn other languages and are easily made believe about anything they don't really care for. Like, for instance, bears in the streets of Moscow, vodka being drunken from samovars, the empire of evil, the necessity of bringing "Western democracy" to the rest of the world etc. No offence, just my experience from communicating with the English-speaking foreigners. Talking of China, I think it is a rather hypocrythical country: yes, they have the CPC at helm, but all their policy is about building a highly industrial capitalist empire which will be a real threat for the civilization in the very near future since the economical and technological potential is high but the people are poor and resources are few. And it is the rather poor East, with its special mentality, the value of human life there is much less than even in my native country which, in relation to the "civilized" world, hardly can boast the same level of respect to any personality. Still, while in Russia, Claudia wasn't harmed in any way, while in China it is sadly much different. Hope it all be sorted out and in the end you will recall only the good about your Eastern trip.
Take care, Igor

Igor Shveytser