[Heeplist] Uriah Heep vs Ken Hensley

BARNES IAN i.barnes3 at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 4 14:42:50 EST 2013

I agree that Heep miss Lee but it's his vocals I miss the most.  Russell is
a fantastic drummer and has a more modern style that Lee. Lee was the
ultimate Heep drummer and I doubt many will disagree with that.  His vocals
helped the harmony so much and was a great contrast to Micks high pitch
vocals, yes its Mick with the very high itch voice.

I think todays Heep are great live but they have lost some of the classic
Heep sound.  Russells style has added somethin new but obviously its a
mixed reaction if thats for the better or not.  Sadly Lee had to leave and
even Lee admitted that a few years later.  At the time he wasn't overjoyed
but he certainly appears healthier recently from what I've seen in photos
and the odd youtube outing.