[Heeplist] TYA Live nhc

Igor Shveitser zlenko_iv at mail.ru
Wed Oct 23 17:46:07 EDT 2013

 I must add, with him they had a fantastic mix of hooliganish kind of English hard rock with German melodic/bluesy/aggresive guitar playing. A truly unique blend. One of a kind - and that was UFO's thing that drew attention: cocky image of Pete, Andy and Phil plus this strange German youngster who played like he was more experienced than any other guitarist in the world. They badly missed him, he misssed them... not to such extent for upon leaving he had gotten similar (in a way) musicians. After Gary Barden left, Schenker's music started to remind he was the younger brother to Rudy of Scorpions. But without Claus and Rudy's composer's talents it was never really going to work, or am I wrong here? ;) I know he had some chart success with McAuley, but that music never really touched many who came to love hime for the previous spells.
Cheers, Igor

Вторник, 22 октября 2013, 22:29 -07:00 от DAVID M SHERROD <porcupineheep at cox.net>:
>How they left the song Standing at the Station off this album when it came out is beyond me, always a great song, but the live version is classic with a great organ solo, Chic Churchill was one of the most underrated keyboard players in rock, in fact this whole band is amazing, but seem to have been overshadowed by Alvin Lee.
>(:€)~

Igor Shveytser